What’s a SCOBY?
Chef David Bouley and Om Champagne Tea (http://www.champagnetea.com/) invite you to experience the complex, zen flavors of Om Champagne Tea, fermented kombucha style-tea, pairing with Bouley dishes using Kombucha as an ingredient in Bouley at Home.
Join master kombucha brewers JY and James (OM) and the Bouley Culinary Team to discuss the kombucha making process, primary brewing and secondary fermentation flavoring and health benefits of fermentation during an interactive multi-course Spring Tasting Lunch.
Whether you are aspiring to make kombucha at home, just love to taste it or are a seasoned home brewer, you will be inspired by this cooking demo:
- Ginger Turmeric Champagne Tea is whole root organic ginger and organic Hawaiian Red Turmeric blended with Classic Champagne Tea. In the last 10-years, there have been over 4,600 scientific papers published on curcumin. Many of these studies suggest that this compound could be useful in the prevention and treatment of a wide spectrum of medical conditions and physiologic processes (i.e. cancer, inflammatory diseases, cystic fibrosis, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.)*
- Chaga Champagne Tea is wild-harvested birch mushroom blended with Classic Champagne Tea. The chaga mushroom is actually a treasure trove of science-backed healing potential that’s been a prominent feature in folk medicine for thousands of years.Just in the last century the Chaga mushroom’s antiviral, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, cardio-protective, anti-hyperglycemic, and anti-cancer properties have become more widely known.Chaga also possesses key nutrient compounds that give it the ability to activate an array of immune cells, including lymphocytes, macrophages, and natural killer cells. These cells allow the body to suppress the formation of chronic health conditions like autoimmune disease, allergies, and cancer.*
- Tres Limon Champagne Tea is fermented organic green tea infused with locally and biodynamically grown lemon balm, lemon verbena and lemongrass.
- Mango Red Shiso is a lightly fermented organic green tea infused with locally and biodynamically grown shiso leaves
Nancy MacNamara of Honey Locust Farms will join us at the lunch. Nancy grows the herbs OM uses in the Green Tea Botanicals flavors: lemon verbena, lemongrass, lemon balm and Red Shiso.
About Om Tea
Since 2009, James and J Y have been brewing and bottling OM Champagne Tea in Upper Westchester, New York. Their current OM scobies date back to the first one purchased from the Amish farmers.
They first started drinking kombucha while living in the Santa Cruz mountains, and they brought their palate and passion to New York, where they settled to raise their five children, and to produce the most delicious and nutritious kombucha anywhere. James eliminated a kidney stone, drinking kombucha in those early days, and the family drinks kombucha, now OM Champagne Tea, daily for hydration, for digestion, for health. It is an integral part of their diet.
* Read More ‘About Om Tea’ – http://www.champagnetea.com/about.html